Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Video: AlpenCross Solo from München to Riva del Garda
http://vimeo.com/116708295

A very popular MTB-trip in Europe is crossing the Alps.
Last summer I did the crossing from Munich in Germany, to the Lago di Garda in Italy.
Just me and my bike!
1000km and 27000m+ in10 days.
Starting in Cologne at midnight to take the night train and arrive fresh and motivated in München.

From there, the first 100km are relatively flat, along the river Isar.
After this warming up, the mountains show up at the horizon, and the real work could start!

In this part of the Alps there was a lot of movement during the First WW. As a result, there are large military roads that make it easy to do a lot of kms on a day.
However, above 2000m there was still a lot of snow, mainly 1h/day I had to carry the bike.

The endpoint Riva del Garda is a popular touristic place, with beaches, water and sun. The ideal end of a nice trip!

I slept in hotels because after a 100km day trip I like to sleep and eat well. In the shower I washed my biking clothes, and next morning they were dry and ready for another 12h ride.
Since I am all alone I can stop and ride whenever I want; that's nice if you want to film yourself (placing the camera, riding by, return to pick up the camera, etc...) A companion would have thrown me off the cliffs if he had to wait for this filming..!

The movie is a little different than the cool downhill vids you find here...
This is a "cool" movie, in de meaning of "take it easy, breathe and relax"

Enjoy!
Antworten
Thumbsup 
Hallo
Tolles Video.
Besonders der Schluss mit den diversen Missgeschicken ist sehenswert... Smile

Wie ich sehe, hast Du auf dem Bike ein GPS Gerät montiert.
Gibt es zu deiner gemachten Transalp-Strecke auch ein GPS-Track.

cu RedOrbiter
http://www.Trail.ch
Antworten
(05.02.2015, 15:20)RedOrbiter schrieb: Gibt es zu deiner gemachten Transalp-Strecke auch ein GPS-Track.

http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=8158139

Antworten
Excellent video, real challenging adventure trip doing that on your own. Have you planned your tour in detailled daily stages and booked hotels in advance?
Antworten
(23.02.2015, 17:43)camafin schrieb: Excellent video, real challenging adventure trip doing that on your own. Have you planned your tour in detailled daily stages and booked hotels in advance?

Thank you!
It was already the 4th time that I did such a trip solo:
- 2 times TransPyrenees
- 1 time The Cantabrian Mountains
- now the TransAlp

I had only a GPS-track of 1000km, but no hotels booked in advance.
Thanks to the smartphone and Google, it is easy to find a place to sleep in de area where you are biking. So I start early in the morning, ride all day, and around 17:00 I start looking for a place to sleep...
Antworten

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
Question Tourenplanung: Alpencross Lindau/ Bodensee via Kleine Scheidegg n. Montreux/Genfersee RedOrbiter 0 8'839 21.05.2010, 05:53
Letzter Beitrag: RedOrbiter
Question Alpencross Bodensee-Casaccia RedOrbiter 0 6'910 30.12.2008, 21:55
Thumbsup Alpencross von Klosters Graubünden nach Tignale am Gardasee (Roadbook) RedOrbiter 0 7'187 03.10.2008, 19:43

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste